Civil Engineer, 1 to 5 years of experience
We are currently recruiting to fill an Engineer I or II position, depending on qualification. Ideally, the candidate will be self-motivated, and have strong team and communication skills.
The primary function of this position is to provide professional level, day-to-day engineering design, CAD, and field support for each project or project specific task assigned.
Required Qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- Valid driver’s license.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Engineer In Training (EIT) registration certificate is required.
- A Professional Engineer (PE) registration is desired for Engineer II candidates.
- Candidates should have a minimum one to five years of relevant experience.
- Ability to competently operate AutoCAD Civil 3D and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with planning, design and/or construction management for public infrastructure and/or public/private site development projects.
Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Drafting and design of a variety of civil engineering projects, which may include water, wastewater, stormwater, transportation or private/public site development.
- Work closely with project engineer and project manager on project tasks. This position may have primary responsibility for some project tasks.
- Preparation of feasibility reports, drainage reports, construction cost estimates, construction plans, technical specifications, permit applications, and other project documents with little supervision needed.
- Coordination with clients, subconsultants, and regulatory agencies.
- Preparing design calculations, using appropriate software, for utility systems, stormwater facilities, roadways and site improvements.
- Preparation of site and roadway grading plans, profiles, road design and details using AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Research and application of regulatory requirements and design standards.
- Complete quality engineering work on budget and on schedule.
- Self-motivated with the ability and desire to deliver excellent client services.
Gibbs & Olson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.