Are you self-motivated and do you love the outdoors? Gibbs & Olson is hiring an entry-level survey technician. This position provides the opportunity to learn on-the-job and build your career with a respected and talented team of surveying and engineering professionals.
Ideal Candidate Qualifications:
- No previous experience required
- High school diploma/GED required
- Self-motivated with a love of working outdoors
- Strong team and verbal communication skills
- Eager to learn and willing to start an entry-level position with opportunities to develop new skills, and ability to advance
- Ability to follow direction, work quickly and accurately, and meet project deadlines
- Accepts personal responsibility for performing quality work
- Able to recognize and identify safety hazards and follow company and specific jobsite safety protocols including state and federal regulations
- Keep survey truck stocked with supplies, organized, clean and properly maintained
- Perform physically demanding work including packing heavy survey equipment, pounding stakes with a sledgehammer, and brush-cutting sight lines
- Load/unload survey gear each day and keep survey equipment clean and properly maintained
- Support Crew Chief as needed setting up/breaking down instruments, brushing line, taking field notes, operating GPS equipment, robotic total stations, levels, and data collectors
- Take organized, legible field notes under the direction of the Crew Chief
Gibbs & Olson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.