Gibbs & Olson is currently recruiting to fill a Survey Technician position. Ideally, the candidate will be self-motivated, love working outdoors, and have strong team and communication skills.
The primary function of this position is to assist with land surveying/construction staking fieldwork and office work application of survey principles, methods and techniques.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Associated of Arts Degree in Land Surveying or Civil Engineering. Minimum four years of relevant and similar experience may be substituted in lieu of the degree requirements.
- Washington State Land Surveyor in Training (LSIT) certificate is preferred, but not required.
- Demonstrable knowledge of survey principles and staking.
- General knowledge of standard construction principles.
- Ability to operate survey equipment including total stations.
- Demonstrable knowledge of global positioning system (GPS)/Real Time Kinetic (RTK) survey methods.
- Demonstrable knowledge of current Windows-based data collectors using Topcon’s MAGNET field software.
- Ability to operate robotic total station and global positioning system (GPS) field survey equipment.
- Works with and under the direction of the Survey Manager and/or the Survey Party Chief to survey project sites to obtain and analyze topographical details.
- Is responsible for setting grade stakes on construction projects.
- Demonstrates accurate and thorough quality work and completes daily tasks in a timely manner.
- Observes safety and security procedures as specified in the Company’s Safety and Risk Management Policies and Procedures Manual. Reports potentially unsafe conditions to the Survey Party Chief or Survey Manager.
- Uses equipment and materials properly and follows training guidelines for equipment.
- Attends Company required training as well as training specific to this job position.
- Performs other work related duties as assigned.
Gibbs & Olson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.